Vidya Murthy of MedCrypt takes us on a deep-dive of cybersecurity in healthcare.
Vidya holds an MBA from the Wharton School and began her career in consulting. She soon realized she had a passion for healthcare and worked for global medical device manufacturer Becton Dickinson. She has since joined MedCrypt, which focuses on bringing cybersecurity leading practices to medical device manufacturers.
- 1:51 – What prompted Vidya to make a career in healthcare cybersecurity
- 3:12 – The Five Why’s
- 5:53 – Lack of intentionality in healthcare security
- 11:10 – The problem with fear-based cybersecurity in healthcare
- 12:35 – Ransomware and other security attacks on health systems
- 16:19 – Upgrading large capital equipment for security reasons
- 17:16 – Why cybersecurity is an unreasonable ask of a hospital IT team
- 21:17 – Threat modeling
Leading with Health Podcast
Leading with Health is hosted by Jennifer Michelle. Jennifer has a Master’s in Public Health and Epidemiology and is a former EMT. Jennifer is President of Michelle Marketing Strategies, which specializes in healthcare marketing. On Leading with Health, she interviews women healthcare leaders about their vision for the future of healthcare.